Russians are definitely nocturnal creatures.
The night before I left for Finland I stayed up until 3 in the morning chatting with Svetlana (aka my Russian mom) in her kitchen.
The night after we got back from Finland, Masha, Kostya, Shurik, and I made dinner at about 10 PM, after which we spent the next three hours driving around the center of St. Petersburg with a video camera. While most normal people would be sleeping, we were playing leap-frog on Nevsky at 2:00 AM.
Last night after getting home to the Brothers Sergeev at 11 PM we also once again ate and then got ready for bed but then started talking...4.5 hours later we went to bed. We all woke up very late this morning (or was it early afternoon...).
And now tonight I just got in at about 12:30 after sledding on what once was the motte outside the walls of the Novgorod kremlin...and bedtime doesn't look like it's coming very soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment